Key West Property Claim Lawyer
If you live in Key West and your property is damaged, one of the first things that you should do is submit a claim to your insurance company. Purchasing homeowner’s insurance may seem mundane, but it’s a pleasure compared to what life will be like if your insurer denies your property damage claim or offers an unacceptably low settlement. This is why Key West property claim lawyers, especially those found at Louis Law Group, can be an asset as you seek full and just compensation for your property damage.
Different Types of Property Damage Claims
Most Key West residents think more about enjoying the sun and going to the beach than dealing with potential property damage. That said, you can’t ignore property damage. Doing so can cost thousands of dollars—or more.
Homeowner’s insurance policies are designed to compensate you financially if your property is damaged. You’ll need to read your policy to know what types of damage your policy covers, but in general the most common property damage claims are for:
- Burst pipes: Burst pipes can cause significant damage to your home. The water can damage floors, walls, furniture, and more.
- Sinkholes: Sinkholes may not be an obvious threat, but they are a possibility in Key West. As you can imagine, they can cause tremendous damage to your property.
- Roof leaks: Roof leaks can cause substantial damage.
- Tile damage: Damaged tiles look bad and can be a safety hazard. If the tiles are damaged by a burst pipe or another source on this list, the damage may be covered.
- Storms: Storms are common in Florida. They can damage the exterior and interior of your home, your vehicle, and other outdoor property.
- Hail damage: Hail is less common in Florida, but when it does fall it can be tremendously destructive to your home and vehicles.
- Hurricanes: It goes without saying that hurricanes can level your home and property.
- Fire damage: Whether it’s caused by a faulty appliance or something else, fire can lead to thousands of dollars of damage (or more).
These aren’t the only claims, yet they are frequently made in Key West. You should be sure your policy covers these threats.
How a Key West Property Claim Lawyer Can Help
Even if your homeowner’s insurance policy covers these types of claims, your insurer still might deny your claim. Even if they accept it, they may be unresponsive or propose an unacceptably low settlement.
In these situations, a Key West property claim lawyer can provide an immense amount of value to policyholders. Their key roles include the following:
- Gathering evidence: Your property claim lawyer can gather all the documentary and non-documentary evidence you need to support your claim.
- Reviewing your policy: Property claim lawyers use their experience to review your policy and craft the best possible arguments in your favor.
- Negotiating with your insurer: Your attorney can communicate with your insurer to help you get a fair settlement.
- Filing a lawsuit: If necessary, your attorney can take your insurer to court to fight for full compensation.
- Providing peace of mind: Your attorney handles every aspect of your claim, which gives you much-needed peace of mind.
These are just some of the benefits that a Key West property claim lawyer can provide. Their ultimate goal is to serve as an effective advocate and help you obtain every penny of the compensation you deserve.
Contact Louis Law Group
Louis Law Group employs a stellar group of Key West property claim lawyers. They can help you through every stage of the claim process. We’re confident that we can help you get full and just compensation. To learn more, feel free to visit our website or call (954) 676-4179 to book a free consultation.