Florida Denied 1st Liberty Claim Lawyer
Florida is a beautiful state to live in, but its occasional inclement weather can wreak havoc on your home. If your home is damaged after a tropical storm, flood, hurricane, or tornado, you obviously expect your insurance to cover the cost of repairing it. However, some insurance companies, such as 1st Liberty Insurance, will try to deny your claim whenever they find an opportunity to do so.
If your 1st Liberty property claim is denied, contact Louis Law Group. We’ll study your 1st Liberty insurance policy and help you through the appeal process to get the compensation you deserve.
Know Your Rights
When you adhere to the terms of your home’s insurance policy, you’re entitled to certain rights with respect to any claims you may make. You can be owed compensation for any of the following situations:
- Your home needs to be repaired or rebuilt.
- Your vehicles or other heavy machinery is damaged by a natural disaster.
- Your personal property, either in your home or outside in your backyard, is damaged or destroyed.
In Florida, insurance companies are required to notify you about the following:
- Your claim was received within 14 days of the incident.
- The status of your claim, within 30 days of the incident.
- Payment, either partially or fully, was given to you.
- Payment was denied and an explanation was given, within 90 days of the incident.
Possible Reasons Why Your 1st Liberty Property Claim Was Denied
An insurance company like 1st Liberty may provide one of several reasons as to why your claim was denied. Common reasons for denials include:
- There were code violations found with respect to your property, which voided your policy.
- The damages to your property occurred before the natural disaster you cited as the cause of the damages.
- The damage to your property was incorrectly attributed, and you are not covered for damages done by the true cause.
- You made a mistake at the beginning of your policy that rendered your agreement with the insurance agency null and void.
- You have insufficient coverage for what you are claiming damages for, or are underinsured in some way.
- The dollar amount you assigned to something was depreciated and adjusted by your insurer.
- The dollar amount quoted by a contractor to perform repairs on your damaged property was higher than the insurance company is willing to pay.
If any of these reasons apply to your situation, you can hire an attorney from Louis Law Group to help you get what you feel you are owed. An appeal will be drafted for you, so that you can be compensated by 1st Liberty Insurance.
Contact the Louis Law Group
If your denied 1st Liberty property claim is causing you undue financial hardship, you can get help. The appeal process will be much easier if you work with the experienced attorneys at Louis Law Group. We’ll review your insurance policy and claim and come up with some options for you. We’ll do whatever it takes to get you what you’re owed by 1st Liberty Insurance.