Florida Denied Granada Claim Lawyer
Naturally, you think your home is covered for damages by the home insurance you pay for every month. But what if an accident occurs, you have to file a claim, and your claim is denied? Of course, you’ll be shocked. However, if your Granada property claim is denied, you don’t have just to accept it lying down; you can fight back with an experienced lawyer at your side.
Potential Reasons for Denial of Claims
It’s normal to feel frustrated by a denied insurance claim. You think that just because you have an insurance policy, you’re automatically protected if anything goes wrong. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case. There are several reasons why a claim may be denied.
Here are some of the most common ones we come across in our practice:
- Failure to pay the premium, which can cause a lapse in your coverage and leave you vulnerable if something happens.
- You didn’t file your claim before the deadline. You have a limited amount of time to file a claim after an incident. If you don’t file on time, you may forfeit your compensation.
- You didn’t include enough information or evidence in your claim. The insurance companies can be very exact in what they require in a claim and will be more likely to deny it if you don’t follow their rules to the letter.
- If a third party is liable for the damages – such as when a neighbor’s tree falls and damages your property – the third party would be responsible for damages, and you will have to go through them.
- You were negligent in protecting your property. For instance, if you had a damaged tree on your property that you didn’t take care of and it damaged your or someone else’s property, you would be liable for the damages yourself.
- You weren’t covered for that specific type of damage. For instance, despite what you may think, flood coverage is an add-on to a policy not included in standard home insurance policies.
There are many reasons why your claim might have been denied, but this doesn’t mean you can’t appeal to the insurance company’s decision.
You May Be Eligible for Benefits When Property Damage Occurs
If your property has been damaged, your Granada insurance policy may cover a variety of different costs that will help you get back to living your life. While most plans have exclusions for earthquakes or flooding (unless you have coverage for them in your policy), they will cover many other things.
Your insurance policy could cover most repair costs of not only your home, but also other stand-alone structures on your property such as a shed, workshop, or detached garage.
If you need a cleanup done, this may also be covered. In some cases, the insurance policy will cover debris pickup as well as tree removal. There may even be something in your policy that helps you cover the cost of replanting other landscaping elements to get your property back into shape.
There may be some times where you cannot live in your home after it is damaged. Some policies will cover temporary relocation costs, including hotel costs, groceries or meal costs, and other related expenses.
They may also cover personal property such as clothing and furniture that was damaged or lost during the incident.
The Appeal Process
If your claim is denied, you have the right to hire an attorney and appeal to the insurance company’s decision. The lawyer will take a close look at your policy and your denial to see if there were legitimate grounds for denying your claim. If you have a case for an appeal, the lawyer will walk you through the process and their plan of attack, so you’ll know what’s happening every step of the way.
Hiring a Property Claim Lawyer
Louis Law Group has many years of experience in handing denied property claims for our clients. If Granada has denied your claim, you have the right to appeal and get the insurance money you deserve. Our team of lawyers will carefully look over your policy and any other evidence and determine whether you have a case against your insurance company. If you feel your claim has been wrongly denied, contact us today to learn how we can help you, call (954) 676-4179.