Florida Denied Hartford Claim Lawyer
You pay insurance premiums to protect your property in case something bad happens. The problem is, you may not be as protected as you think you are, because there are plenty of ways for an insurance company like Hartford to deny a claim. If you experienced a denied Hartford property claim, you need a lawyer that will fight for your best interests.
Why Your Claim Could Be Denied
Unfortunately, there are many reasons why your claim could be denied. It’s incredibly frustrating when you get a denial.
Here are some of the most common reasons why your claim may be denied:
- If you miss any payments or are you behind on paying your premium, this could cause a lapse in your coverage.
- If a third party is liable for your damages, your insurance company will require you to contest the third party for your losses, not them.
- If you didn’t include enough information in your claim, or missed something, or didn’t include enough evidence of your damages, the insurance company might deny your request.
- If you were in any way negligent in protecting your property and did not take appropriate precautions to keep it safe and in good repair, your insurance claim could be voided.
- If your insurance policy doesn’t cover the specific damages your home suffered (such as flooding), then you won’t be covered unless coverage for that type of damage is included in your plan.
- If the cost of your damages exceeds your deductible, then you’re on the hook for the damages.
- If you failed to file your claim before the policy deadline, then your request will be denied and you may not be compensated.
While there may be other reasons why the insurance company didn’t cover your claim, the above are the most common ones.
What Costs Will My Policy Cover?
Depending on your insurance policy, you may be covered for a variety of repair and other costs that will help you return to enjoying your normal life. Your insurance company will usually insure for repair costs, cleanup costs, and potentially even costs associated with relocation.
Hartford insurance policies commonly cover repair costs. Your plan will potentially cover not only damage to your home, but also to any ancillary structures such as your shed, separate garage, or other stand-alone structures on your property.
In some cases, an insurance company may also cover cleanup costs associated with the property damage, including removal of debris and cutting and removing damaged or fallen trees. Your policy may also cover the costs of replanting landscaping elements such as trees.
If you need to relocate because of the damage to your home, some insurance policies will cover the costs of a hotel, food, and groceries while you are temporarily relocated as the home repairs are completed.
Lastly, your personal property may be covered if it is damaged or lost during the incident in question. This property includes clothing, furniture, and even books.
What Does the Appeal Process Entail?
The process for appeals starts with a careful look at your case, starting with your insurance policy. There may be the fine print you didn’t understand or notice, but a trained property claim lawyer will understand the intricate details of insurance policies. They will look at your evidence to see if you have a case for an appeal. If you do, they will advise you on the approach that will get you the best possible results. A good lawyer will work closely with you and help you understand the process every step of the way.
Hiring a Denied Property Claim Lawyer
If Hartford denied your property claim, the team at Louis Law Group can help. We understand that it’s emotionally draining when a claim is rejected. If this happens to you, you may have options that can help. We’ll review your coverage to determine whether your insurance company should cover your claim. If we think it should, we’ll build an appeal strategy based on our research to achieve the best possible outcome. Contact us today to see how we can assist you, call (954) 676-4179 .