Panama City Property Damage Claim Lawyer
If you own a home in Panama City, homeowner’s insurance is a must-have. Most people purchase it and forget it, except when they need to submit a property damage claim. But if their insurer denies the claim or offers an extremely low settlement offer, they need to take further action. A Panama City property damage claim lawyer, like those found at Louis Law Group, can be an extremely wise investment for homeowners who want to get the compensation they deserve.
Property Damage Claims: Some Typical Examples
Claims can be made for many different types of property damage, but not every policy covers every type of damage. Here are some of the most common property damage claims submitted by people in Panama City and Florida as a whole:
- Fire damage: Fires can happen anywhere and at any time. If one strikes your home, you may have to pay thousands of dollars to repair the damage.
- Water damage: In Florida, this is a big one. Everything from burst pipes to sinkholes can cause substantial damage to your home. Water can also damage tiles and furniture and cause unhealthy mold to grow.
- Hail damage: Hail may not be as common as some of the other threats, but hail damage can be dire.
- Hurricane damage: Hurricane damage is one of the biggest threats in Florida. As you can imagine, the damage can be catastrophic.
- Other storm damage: Besides hurricanes and hail, the standard Floridan storm can damage both the exterior and interior of your home, vehicles parked outdoors, and other outdoor property.
- Theft: The simple reality is that thieves, burglars, and other bad actors may break into your home and steal your property.
How a Key West Property Damage Claim Lawyer Can Help You
Homeowner’s insurance is generally designed to protection against these types of damages. If you pay your monthly or annual premiums, you will be compensated if you incur a covered damage.
While this is how it works in theory, the reality can be much more complicated. Your insurer may be slow to answer your calls or emails. After some back and forth, you may receive a settlement offer that is far too low. In the worst-case scenario, your insurer may deny your claim outright, claiming that your policy doesn’t cover the damage or that you’re ineligible for compensation for some other reason.
A Panama City property claim lawyer can shift the odds in your favor. If you hire an attorney, you gain a wide range of benefits. Your attorney will:
- Thoroughly review your policy. Your attorney will carefully look at your policy, determine whether you have an eligible claim, and make the strongest possible arguments to support your claim.
- Gather all the necessary evidence. You can delegate all of the evidence-gathering duties to your Panama City property claim lawyer. He or she can organize and prepare the evidence and present it to your insurer.
- Communicate with your insurance company: Your attorney can take the lead in all communications with your insurer. Whatever your goals, he or she will represent you to their fullest ability.
- Renegotiate a settlement offer: Sometimes, your settlement offer may be substantially lower than you expected. If so, your attorney can try to obtain a better offer.
- Initiate a lawsuit: If you still aren’t satisfied with your insurer’s offer, your attorney can file a lawsuit against your insurer.
Property damage claim lawyers can wear many hats. No matter your goals or objectives, your attorney can be your fiercest and best advocate throughout the property damage claim process.
Contact Louis Law Group
The property damage claim lawyers at Louis Law Group are skilled, experienced, and highly motivated. When you work with us, you can be sure of getting the best possible representation in Panama City. The road to fair and just compensation is just a phone call away.