St. Petersburg Property Damage Claim Lawyer
If your St. Petersburg property is damaged, you’ll probably contact your insurance company to seek compensation to pay for the repairs. But what happens if your insurer is slow to act or simply denies your claim? That’s when you’ll want to hire a St. Petersburg property claim lawyer. St. Petersburg property damage claim lawyers, like those found at the Louis Law Group, can stand up for your rights as you seek full and just compensation.
An Overview of Property Claims
Purchasing a homeowner’s insurance policy should provide you with some peace of mind. If you keep up with your premium payments, you should expect to receive compensation if your property is damaged. If you live in St. Petersburg, there are a variety of potential hazards that your property damage insurance should cover.
These include the following:
- Water Damage: Water damage can be devastating, whether it happens because of a hurricane or a leaking pipe. It can also cost thousands of dollars or more to repair. As a Florida resident, you’re always at risk of incurring water damage from freak accidents and extreme weather.
- Fire Damage: Like water, your home and property can incur a massive amount of damage from a fire. Fires spread quickly, whether they’re caused by a damaged appliance or an arsonist. If your home or residence is gutted by a fire, you’ll absolutely want to seek compensation from your insurance company.
- Wind Damage: While it may not be the most obvious threat, strong wind can significantly damage your property. Falling trees and flying debris can damage both the exterior of your home and the items inside it. During a hurricane or other strong storm, this threat becomes all too real.
- Theft Damage: Like any other city in the U.S., thieves can break into our St. Petersburg dwellings and steal our most treasured items. Is can be devastating to lose such items, and the aftermath of a break-in can be extremely traumatic.
- Mold Damage: When you live in a warm environment like Florida’s, mold is a real threat. This is especially true after hurricanes, which can cause water damage that leads to mold growth. And as you wait for a mold remediation contractor, the mold in your house may get much worse.
The Claim Process: Opposing Incentives
As you can see, your property can be damaged in all sorts of ways. This is why you purchase insurance. Unfortunately, the property claim process can be more difficult than you might think.
The simple truth is that you and your insurance company have different incentives. You are rightly trying to obtain full compensation for the damages your property incurred. On the other hand, although insurers sign a policy with you, they are incentivized to pay out as little as possible in claims. Paying out claims reduces the insurance company’s bottom line. Because of this, you may experience many different headaches during the claim process:
- Your insurer may argue that the damage you’re claiming for isn’t covered by your policy.
- An adjuster hired by your insurer may be biased and claim that you deserve much less compensation than you expected.
- You may receive an unacceptably low settlement offer.
- It may be difficult to speak to a live person at the insurance company.
- Your insurer may refuse to investigate your claim.
- You may receive notice that you didn’t submit adequate documentation of the damage.
In practice, the claim process is often extremely frustrating and time-consuming. You may find yourself on long phone calls with your insurer. And if your insurer denies your claim, it can be extremely difficult to appeal the decision and obtain the compensation you deserve.
How Louis Law Group Can Help
While these situations can be maddening, there is a way to tilt the odds in your favor. A St. Petersburg property claim lawyer – like the ones found at Louis Law Group – can be your greatest advocate and help you in many different ways. They will:
- Evaluate the merits of your claim.
- Gather evidence to support your claim.
- Craft the best possible arguments.
- Communicate with your insurer and negotiate a potential settlement.
- File a lawsuit to obtain full compensation for your property claim.
If you’re looking for a St. Petersburg property claim lawyer, contact us. Our expert property claim attorneys can give you valuable peace of mind after they take the reins of your case.
To learn more about us, click here or call (954) 676-4179 for a free consultation.