Last Updated: November 28, 2023
Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Personal Information Provided by You: We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us, visit our website, or engage in our legal services. This information may include your name, contact details, email address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make and products and features you use. We do not process sensitive information.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you visit our website, we may automatically collect certain information about your visit using cookies, log files, and similar technologies. This information may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, pages visited, and other browsing-related data. This information does not reveal your specific identity but may include device and usage information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Cookies & Tracking Software: With the help of automated technologies like cookies and other tracking software, we collect personal information from your computer or mobile device. This could include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device identifiers, browser type, browsing information, time zone setting, browser plugins, operating system and platform, and other mobile device data.
- Do Not Track: Regarding the “Do Not Track” (DNT) function, many web browsers offer this feature to tell websites that you do not want your online activities tracked. We strive to cooperate with DNT signals. When activated, your browser sends a signal to websites and other online services to stop tracking your activity. Please note that DNT signals are not universal, and there may be circumstances when we may not comply with them. If you activate DNT in your browser, it might affect the functionality of some of our services.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- Providing Legal Services: We may use your personal information to communicate with you, provide legal advice, process payments, and fulfill our contractual obligations as your legal representative.
- Website Improvement: We may use the information collected from our website to analyze trends, administer the site, improve user experience, and gather demographic information.
- Legal and Compliance: We may use and disclose personal information as required by applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests. We may also use personal information to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and those of our clients or others.
- Marketing: We conduct outreach and engagement activities to make you aware of our Services. We adhere to the best industry practices for internet-based advertising. You can opt-out of future promotional, advertising, or other service-related notifications, though it may affect certain interactive services we provide.
- Use of Anonymous Information: We may use or disclose Anonymous Information to improve our services. Anonymous Information, which does not identify individual users, may be disclosed to third parties, including advertisers, for purposes such as targeting advertisements.
Sharing of Personal Information
We will not share your personal information without your explicit permission, except as mandated or permitted by law. We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who assist us in operating our business, such as IT services, payment processors, or marketing agencies. These service providers are contractually obligated to handle your information securely and only for the purposes specified by us.
- Legal Obligations: We may share personal information when required to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or governmental requests.
- Business Transfers: We may reveal or transfer information, including Personal Information, to a successor entity (or potential buyer) in relation to a proposed or actual corporate restructuring, such as a merger, acquisition, asset sale, bankruptcy, or other corporate change. If such an event occurs, we will notify you by posting a notice as required by law.
- External Third Parties: We may also share your Personal Information with external contractors, advisors, auditors, vendors, consultants, or others engaged to assist in financial or operational activities on our behalf, including technical and processing services and analysis of the Sites’ performance. We reserve the right to share non-personally identifiable information collected for any lawful purpose, such as aggregate or de-identified data.
- Access and Correction: You have the right to request access to your personal information we hold and to request corrections or updates if any of the information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Opt-Out: You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in those communications.
- Data Retention: We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard it from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. The following security measures have been implemented to protect your privacy:
- Access Controls: We employ strict access controls to restrict unauthorized access to sensitive information. Access to client data and confidential information is limited to authorized personnel only, and all access is monitored and logged.
- Encryption: All sensitive information transmitted over our networks is encrypted using industry-standard encryption protocols. This includes data transmitted between our offices, as well as between our clients and our systems.
- Data Backups: Regular data backups are conducted to ensure the availability and integrity of information. These backups are securely stored.
- Physical Security: Our offices are equipped with physical security measures to prevent unauthorized access. This includes restricted access areas, surveillance systems, and other safeguards to protect against theft or unauthorized entry.
- Employee Training: Our staff undergoes regular training on data security and privacy practices. This includes awareness of potential security risks, the importance of maintaining confidentiality, and adherence to our privacy policies.
- Vendor Management: When third-party vendors are engaged to provide services, we ensure they adhere to security and privacy standards that align with our policies. Contracts with vendors include provisions for the protection of client data and confidentiality.
- Legal Compliance: We stay abreast of changes in privacy and data protection laws, including those specific to Florida. Our practices are designed to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and to protect the rights and privacy of our clients.
In order to improve our service and provide a personalized user experience, we employ various tracking technologies like cookies and similar tools. These technologies assist us in understanding user behavior, managing the site, and accumulating information about our user demographic. Your control over the use of these technologies is found at the browser level; however, opting to disallow cookies may affect your access to some of our features or services. You can adjust your cookie and similar technology settings via the cookie consent box on our site. You can also choose to accept or reject cookies from our site anytime by modifying your browser’s settings. While you can decline our cookies if your browser allows it, some parts of our site may not function correctly if you do so. To learn more about changing your cookie preferences, refer to your browser’s “Help” menu. For additional information about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
- Data Collected Through Cookies & Similar Technologies: Cookies and related technologies, such as pixels and ad tags, help us enhance your visit. Specifically, cookies allow us to identify users, monitor their activities on our services, simplify the login process, retain a user’s status during their session, and recall individual user preferences.
- Essential Cookies: Some cookies are crucial are crucial for you to navigate and use the features of our site. Without these cookies, we cannot provide services like remembering your login details or the data you’ve entered.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies provide us with anonymous data on how users interact with our site. For instance, we employ Google Analytics cookies to understand how users reach and use our site, helping us identify areas for improvement like navigation and marketing strategies. The information stored by these cookies doesn’t reveal personal details that could be used to identify you.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies recall your selections like your location, language, and search parameters, which in turn enable us to customize your experience and make your visits more enjoyable. These cookies gather anonymized information and can’t track your activities on other websites.
- Advertising or Targeting Cookies: These cookies gather information about your browsing patterns to tailor advertising to your interests. They also limit the frequency of an ad’s appearance and assess the efficacy of advertising campaigns. Generally placed by third-party ad networks, these cookies remember the sites you’ve visited, and this data is shared with entities like advertisers.
Our website and services are not directed to individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us, and we will promptly remove such information.
Employee Training & Management
Our employees and contractors who have access to your personal information are trained on our privacy and security policies. Only authorized personnel have access to your personal information, and they are supervised and monitored to ensure they follow our policies and procedures to protect your information.
We periodically review and audit our practices and internal controls to ensure compliance with our policies and procedures and to detect any potential violations.
We strive to maintain the accuracy of your PHI and will respond to any requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at [email protected] or by post to:
Louis Law Group, PLLC
290 NW 165th Street Suite M-500
Miami, Fl 33169