(954) 676-4179

Call to Discuss Your Case


Let's Schedule a Time to Talk

Flood Damage Insurance Claims Lawyer in Florida


Flooding can be defined as an overflow of water from a water source to dry land. Some areas are more prone to flooding than others, but floods have occurred in regions that haven’t had them before. According to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), 90 percent of all-natural disasters in the United States involve flooding. However, flood damage is not covered on a typical Florida homeowners’ policy. That is why it is of the utmost importance that every homeowner purchases flood insurance in addition to a home insurance policy. Flooding is highly destructive, damaging all or part of a home. Plus, flooding can lead to other issues such as mold damage.

Protecting yourself from a flood means preparing your home or workplace, collecting sources of information, and developing an emergency communications plan. Knowing what to do when a flood is approaching your home or business is critical. Understanding the consequences of flooding in homes is good, but knowing the next steps to take after a flood is more important. We all know the stress and overwhelm that results from home displacement due to flooding. That is why every homeowner needs to take quick action to get compensated for flood damages and get their lives back. For those suffering a flood damage claim, the experienced lawyers at the Louis Law Group can help speed up the recovery process.

Why You Need An Insurance Lawyer​​

Since the costs of home repairs are often immense, every homeowner should hire a professional attorneys to file their flood insurance claims. The Louis Law Group legally helps Florida homeowners with flood damage insurance claims. Our expertly trained attorneys know how to deal with insurance companies. Which means, by partnering with us, your flood damage insurance claims have a better chance of being accepted.

According to the NFIP, here are the steps you should take after a flood loss, only if it is safe to do so:

  • Document your damage
  • Mold and debris cleanup
  • Prepare for inspection

Contact the Louis Law Group

The damage from a flood loss can be catastrophic. The Louis Law Group has professional insurance litigators that can help you with the entire flood damage insurance claims process. If you’re a policyholder or contractor and you find yourself in a dispute, contact the Louis Law Group today to help with your claim, call (954) 676-4179 for a free consultation.

We help clients with flood damage property claims throughout Florida

Map of Florida
Map of the State of Florida
"The Sunshine State"

If your property is located anywhere in the State of Florida and has sustained flood damage, the Louis Law Group can help you with an existing flood claim or with filing a new claim against your homeowner's insurance company. Call (954) 676-4179 for a free consultation.
Louis Law Group
Based on 44 reviews
powered by Google
Denise Sainmelus
Denise Sainmelus
19:50 14 Jul 22
I ACTUALLY WISH I COULD GIVE A NEGATIVE STAR!! THIS IS BY FAR THE WORSE LAW FIRM IN THE HISTORY OF LAW FIRMS WITHIN THE... USA AND OVERSEAS! THEY DONT COMMUNICATE, THEY HAVE A ANSWERING SERVICE THAT DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE OFFICES DAY TO DAY PRACTICE. THE CASE MANAGERS ARE THERE FOR 2 WEEKS THE MOST. They don’t relay appointments to clients, I’ve literally went 7 months without a call back which I requested 20 days in a row. They spread lies, they have no actual office line. I don’t even know how this place is in business this long. I reached the owner skinner Louis on Instagram he basically dismissed me professionally. This cannot be acceptable by the Florida barr! Sometimes I just want to cry because I don’t know anything about this freaking case. They are professional LIARS RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNread more
The cat King
The cat King
01:53 15 Jul 21
Louis Law Group is the best law firm I have seen in my life, Saint John Insurance denied my claim almost immediately... since they do not want to pay any of their clients but Louis Law Group won my case and got me my deserved compensation and finally I replace my entire roof as it was severely damage due to a heavy wind, I will recommend Louis Law Group to all the people I know, including all my friends , family members and neighbours, I am truly deeply grateful to Louis Law Group , Thank you very muchread more
Michael Navaro
Michael Navaro
05:28 12 Aug 20
I am extremely satisfied with the results obtained from Louis Law Group. I put in a claim for roof damage on my home... due to heavy winds/rain and was denied. Most of the homes in my area also put in for damages. All had their roofs replace but I. I contacted Louis Law Group and they wasted no time in taking care of the situation. Within weeks I had my roof replaced with no cost. I highly recommended this prestigious Law Group, I could not say enough about them.read more
Hugo Segovia
Hugo Segovia
18:02 01 Jul 20
Outstanding service, very professional and keep us updated.
ketty moleon
ketty moleon
21:04 17 May 20
We had a great experience with Louis Law Group. We had a Citizens claim for a roof leak. Citizen denied the claim and... refused to pay us. But this law firm got us money for our claim, we got our roof repaired and had money to spare. I couldn’t say enough good things about the lawyers and the staff.read more
thao Staszewski
thao Staszewski
22:28 20 Feb 20
Superb service Always informed me on each step Excellent result for client I would recommend this firm 1000%
Tee Tisdale
Tee Tisdale
22:52 31 Jan 20
My experience with Louis Law Group was excellent, We had a problem with getting payments for the damage to our home... with our homeowners insurance, we had to hire Louis law Group to handle this matter, what we thought would take a year or more turn out to be a few months. Our lawyer Mr. Joseph Wald and staff was wonderful, he communicated with us from the beginning to the end. Attorney J.Ward can have our business any day. We recommend Louis Law Group very highly. To the staff Hats off to you, keep up the good job! We are very happy with the final result. Thank You so much. Mr. & Mrs. T. Tisdaleread more
Kenesta Deshommes
Kenesta Deshommes
04:13 31 Jan 20
Javon was so thorough and did his very best to ensure that our insurance paid out was was owed to us. I trusted him and... he delivered more than extraordinary service! Javon kept us informed every step of the way and went out of his way to get us more than what had expected. Not only would I referred you guys to him I would refer you to anyone in that office. Everyone had smiles on their faces. The entire office staff were professional & so welcoming. I wish that I could give the Louis Law Group 10stars instead of 5. P.S They have almond kisses at the front desk to reel you in, lol!! Love this office! XoXoread more
Elizabeth Mompoint
Elizabeth Mompoint
00:54 11 Dec 19
Pierre and his team are amazing! They really cater to you as a client and help you get the most from your insurance... company! Definitely would recommend!read more
Magalie Momplaisir
Magalie Momplaisir
00:17 11 Dec 19
I'm extremely pleased with the service I received from Louis Law Group. They're very professional. And they're willing... to go the extra mile to assist. I highly recommend them with anyone who needs to file a claim with there home insurance company.read more
A Chancy
A Chancy
16:46 21 Oct 19
Fighting with the insurance is the last thing anyone wants to tackle. The Louis law group is made up of sharp attorneys... willing to fight for you. We submitted a claim to our insurance company which they quickly denied. This law group picked up our case and was able to make the insurance company pay us for our losses. Although the process took awhile the firm made sure to keep us updated with all aspects of our case. I would highly recommend this firm to handle you battles with the insurance companies.read more
Herluxe Closet
Herluxe Closet
20:33 10 Oct 19
I had great experience with this law group everything was settle and great results.
20:22 07 Oct 19
Excellent law firm. One of the best experience I have had, they put they’re clients first and work for you none stop. I... love the passion and dedication they have for there clients. I highly recommend Louis Law Group.read more
Louis Law Group .
Louis Law Group .
14:02 08 Oct 14
5 stars for Mr. Pierre he properly represented me as my property insurance lawyer and got me results.
Next Reviews

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Can I file a Florida homeowner’s insurance claim for hurricane damage?

Standard home insurance policies will not cover damage caused by floods. However, many homeowner policies help cover wind damage. If wind damages your roof, you may be able to make a claim to get your roof repaired. Ask your agent to see whether your policy covers wind damage. Before disaster strikes, make sure your insurance also covers flood damage. If not, you’ll need to find additional coverage from a local authorized agent or through the National Flood Insurance Program.

What does my Florida property flood insurance policy cover?

A National Flood Insurance Program policy may help you pay for repairs to your home in case it suffers flood damage. The policy may also help you pay to replace the personal property within your home, whether it’s furniture, electronics, or clothing. If you’re unsure what your National Flood Insurance Policy policy covers, check with your agent.

After an adjuster visits my property, how long will it take before my Florida claim is processed?

How quickly you get an approval for your claim depends on your insurance coverage and agency.

When an adjuster comes to your home, they will follow some general steps.

  • They will complete an estimate of your flood damage.
  • A file examiner will review the estimate for all the proper coverages.
  • Usually, a proof-of-loss document will be sent to you to sign and return. This document is the money you are requesting for your insurance claim for flood damages.
  • Upon receipt of the signed proof-of-loss document, the insurer will process your claim. Your payment will arrive later, depending on the coverage.
Call Now Button