Sarasota Property Claim Attorney
If you own a house, insuring your property is one of the best decisions you can make, because it allows you to restore damaged items without spending too much. It also reduces your risk health problems that can result from the stress of losing your property. If your house in Sarasota suffers losses due to fire, theft, a hurricane, flood, or other unforeseen circumstance, your insurance provider is required to compensate you for any property loss or damages are covered by your insurance policy. However, your wise decision to insure your property might turn sour when it’s time to seek compensation from your insurance company, as they may try to ignore most of your damage claim or pay you less than you’re owed. Florida homeowners often find it difficult to get the compensation they’re entitled to. Louis Law Group employs seasoned property claims attorneys in Sarasota who know how injurious property losses can be to your health and well-being. They’re ready to fight with you and help you recover the compensation you’re entitled to as a policyholder.
Types of Property Damage ClaimsProperty damage happens in every part of the world, and it’s no different for homeowners in Sarasota. If you decide to dismiss a property damage claim, you’re only harming yourself. You’ll only end up spending more than you did when you first acquired the property. HAs stated earlier, homeowner’s insurance policies are supposed to compensate you after your property is vandalized or damaged. This is why it’s smart to be familiar with what types of damage your policy does and does not cover. The most common property damage claims are for:
- Fire damage: When there is a fire in your home, it destroys more than you can take care of by yourself. That’s why fire damage is covered in insurance policies.
- Storm damage: Storms can damage your house, car, and other outdoor properties, as they are a common occurrence in Florida.
- Hail damage: This is less common in Florida, but when it happens, it does destroy properties and causes enough damages to require significant repair expenditures.
- Lightning damage: This might also be covered by your insurance policy, as lightning is dangerous and can cause major damage to your property.
- Broken water pipes: Burst pipes are another source of damage to your home. The water can damage floors, walls, furniture, and more.
- Leaky Roof: Roof damage might also be covered by your insurance policy.
How a Sarasota Property Damage Claim Attorney Can HelpEven if your homeowner’s insurance policy covers the damage you’ve incurred, your insurer still might deny your claim. If they accept it, they may be unresponsive or propose an unacceptably low settlement. In these situations, a Sarasota property damage claim attorney can provide huge value. They have broad and deep knowledge of insurance law. Their specific role includes the following:
- Gathering Evidence: They go all out to gather solid evidence about your case. They’ll collect all the documents you need to back your claim.
- Policy Review: A Sarasota property damage claim attorney can help you get what you’re owed from your insurer. Using their knowledge and experience, they’ll review your policy and argue your case intelligently.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If necessary, your property claim attorney will help you go to court if it will get you a settlement from your insurance company. They’ll take on your insurer on your behalf and make them pay you the compensation you’re entitled to.
- Negotiation: Your property claim attorney will help you negotiate with your insurer to reach a consensus on how your claim will be addressed on time and paid in full.
- Peace of Mind: When you have an attorney on your side, you reduce stress and have more time to do deal with other matters in your life. Hiring a Sarasota property damage claim lawyer gives you peace of mind.